Saturday: We sleep until 8am or so. Then we get around and feed Olivia. Mom and I went to Terre Haute for some last minute Easter Basket shopping. Olivia and Brian went to visit with his side of the family. They went to Great Grannys in Willow Hill, then on to Mound to visit Great Grandpas gravesite. There last stop was Grandmas (Brian's Mom). Olivia got to play with her Uncle Kelly, Uncle Andy, Grandma Sherry and Grandpa Danney. She got a new dress from uncle Kelly that should fit a little better this summer. She also got some new toys from her Grandma, and a outfit from her Uncle Andy. Here is the dress from Kelly it is so cute!
Mom and I went to Steinmart and Burlington Coat factory, and bought something for about everyone in the family! On the way back through Newton, Mom dropped me off at Brian's Moms'. I was so happy to see my baby girl! This was the second longest amount of time I have ever been away from her in her 6 months of life. Then we went back to the Ghasts' and had supper and were off to bed early again.
Sunday: We got up and ready for church. We stopped by Great Grammys House (my grandma) to see Gram and Aunt Stacy. They were happy to see Olivia, I am sure they were happy to see Brian and I also, but once you have a little one, you become secondary. Church with the Ghast Family was nice. The sermon was great, and everyone was happy to see Olivia in her pretty Easter dress. After Church, we made a quick stop by Brians Moms, so they could see Olivia in her Easter Dress. Then we were off to Greenup for my grandparents house. The whole family was there! Olivia impressed everyone with her standing and talking, and quacking back at her toy duck. She is such a ham!
That evening Brian went back to Carbondale, due to work and school on Monday. Olivia and I stayed in Newton.
Monday: Olivia woke me up at 4 am wanting to eat, so I gave her a bottle and we went back to bed. I shut off the alarm, and Olivia woke me around 8 am by rolling around in her bed and singing at the ceiling. Mom called from work and asked us to come into town for lunch. So we went to the Bowling Alley. I haven't eaten there in years! The rest of the day was fairly uneventful. We made a few stops to visit family. Then dinner and off to bed early again.
Tuesday: Up early for the LONG day ahead. Olivia, my mother, and I headed to St. Louis. We stopped in Fairview Heights for a little shopping, then on to St. Louis Children's Hospital for Olivia's Ear/Nose/and Throat Specialist appointment. We had lunch in the Atrium there, and Olivia loved the big hot air balloons and butterflies floating in the Atrium. She saw the specialist, and no new information. They decided that this summer she needs to have an MRI and CAT scan done to see what the reasoning for her reduction in hearing in the right ear is caused by. The doctor said she appears to be hearing quite well, since she is already talking at such a young age. We then headed back to Effingham, and from there, Olivia and I went to Carbondale. I had to stop a few times on the way home because Olivia was screaming hysterically. She was overtired and fighting sleep. FINALLY we got home at 7 pm. What a long day in the car! Olivia was VERY happy to see her Daddy, after all she hadn't seen him since Sunday night. She played with him for all of 30 minutes and was out cold for the night. I was in bed soon after. What a weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment